I guess it’s back to cooking and blogging again, after my whirlwind month of travel in April.
I’ve been making a bunch of goodies in the kitchen, but the banana coconut muffins just came out of the oven and I had to share.
Ben had the iPad taken away after a particularly rough morning and it was kind of nice to put the twins down and make these together with him.
He was in charge of the mixing, and topping. And then eating the leftover topping which was his favorite part.
Anyway, if you like banana and coconut, you’ll love these! No refined sugar or refined flours or butter…
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- turbinado sugar for topping
- preheat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- In one bowl whisk flour, oat bran, shredded coconut, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl combine coconut oil, bananas, honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Divide into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle muffin tops with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Inspired by: Cookie and Kate Pin It