Last Thursday afternoon we met some friends in the park. As it turns out, they were having a concert that evening.
At first I was apprehensive about staying for a concert that started at 6:30pm, on a day where the kids hardly napped, and they needed a bath, and my husband had a work dinner that night. The thought of an early bedtime and a cocktail with mindless girly TV was calling me.
Still I was curious how they would react. After all, we just booked a singer for Ben’s 2nd birthday…
As you can see, they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Which made me wonder, what other music can we seek out this summer?
1. The band at Adam’s park that evening actually has a summer schedule … Super Stolie Summer Schedule.
2. Mr Singer. This is the person coming to Ben’ birthday. Sometimes we go see him at the farm at the Zoo. Kids love him! The Sharp Cookies Schedule. A small donation is suggested but not necessary.
3. Whole Foods. For rainy days or days you need to shop, the Whole Foods in Lincoln Park welcomes Bubbles Academy to it’s stage from 10 to 10:30. It gets crowded so go early if you want a good spot.
4. Millienium Park. They put on the The Family Fun Festival from June 13 to August 21st. The free show, by Wiggleworms (Old Town School of Folk Music) has a show every day at 10am. There is also a whole pavilion of stuff to do.
5. Ravinia. Every so often they have a kids concert. For city folk, it’s quite exciting to have a big lawn to spread out on. Here is the full Ravinia Schedule, all the kids concerts are shown with parentheses.
This summer I’m going to try to hit all of the above at least once. If anyone wants to join me for some of these activities, let’s set it up!Pin It